Recipe: Hasselback Squash with Harissa Peanut Butter Sauce
The ultimate plant based centrepiece or dazzling side for entertaining friends this season. Soft, sweet butternut squash with lashings of smoky NutShed Harissa Peanut Butter Sauce & fresh herbs.
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 – 45 minutes
Servings – 4
- 2 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 heaped tbsp of Nutshed Harissa Chilli Peanut Butter
- 2 – 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 -2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari for gluten free (coconut aminos for soy free, omit maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp skinned roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves or coriander roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Peel your butternut squash. Slice them in half, scoop out the seeds and then hollow side down, slice down into the squash halves horizontally, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place squash hollow side down on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and then roast for 35 – 40 minutes in your preheated oven. These also cook up in about half the time in a large air fryer if you prefer or are short on time.
- Whisk together the water, NutShed Harissa Peanut Butter, soy sauce or tamari, maple syrup, and lime juice. Add as much water as you like to achieve your desired consistency. The sauce will thicken if you make it in advance and store it in the fridge. Thin out a little more with hot water if desired.
- Serve roast squash drowned in that epic sauce, sprinkle with chopped chilli, peanuts, lime zest and mint or coriander!
We hope you love this recipe, please tag us if you make it this Winter!