Roast Squash with Peanut Butter Sauce
At NutShed, we live and breathe peanut butter, of course, but it just so happens that it is so delicious drizzled over roasted vegetables, especially naturally sweet squash and root veg. This sweet & spicy recipe brings a whole lot of flavour to the table as part of a lunchtime spread but is equally delicious as a simple weeknight dinner with jasmine rice.
- 1 medium sized squash
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 80g NutShed Peanut Butter (any flavour)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari if GF)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Finely chopped scallions
- Toasted white & black sesame seeds
- Rāyu / chopped red chilli
- Cut the squash in half lengthways, remove the pips and cut into half moon slices.
- Toss in a bowl with a generous glug of olive oil, black pepper, sea salt & a few garlic cloves. Give it a good rub & turn out onto a baking tray and lay the squash flat.
- Pop into a hot oven at 180c for around 30 minutes, turning once & remove when the squash is soft & has taken some colour.
- While your squash is roasting, mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl & set aside.
- Simply tower your squash onto a plate and dollop generously with the peanut butter sauce & all the toppings.