Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 100g Nutshed smooth peanut butter, plus 3 tbsp extra for the tops. Also works great with Nutshed chocolate peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 260g plain flour
- a pinch baking powder
- ½ jar Follain raspberry jam, traditional recipe and nothing but fruit both work perfectly.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, fan 160°C or gas mark 4.
2. Place the peanut butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla into a food processor or stand mixer. Mix until smooth, add the flour and baking powder, mix until it sticks together and forms a ball.
3. Roll the dough into 20-25 walnut-sized balls. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Push your thumb or a teaspoon into the middle of the cookies, wet your thumb or teaspoon slightly if sticking to the dough. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Add 1/4tsp of jam into the indent on top of cookies before baking and bake for 8-10 minutes*, until they look dry, and starting to crack. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
Leave to cool on a wire rack, if you can resist.