Peanut Butter Oat Scones
We’re so delighted to team up with the iconic Flahavans for the month of April to bring you our recipe series with loads of gorgeous oat and PB recipes to help you make the most of your cupboard staples. Like most Irish families we grew up on Flahavan’s oats and it feels very special to get to collaborate with such an inspiring Irish brand!
Whether you’re planning mountain hikes or picnic parties, we have a new recipe each week throughout April to keep you inspired! Our second recipe is our ⚡️Peanut Butter Raspberry Oat Scones⚡️ They are fluffy and sweet and oh so delicious! Get making!!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 - 18 minutes
- 120g ripe banana mashed
- 60g Nutshed Smooth Peanut Butter
- 125ml Flahavans Organic Oat Drink
- 150g Flahavan’s Gluten Free Pure Oats
- 100g Flahavan’s Oats (ground to flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 200C (400F).
- Put your 100g oats into the blender, blitz until you have flour & set aside
- Mix together the banana, peanut butter and oat drink in a large bowl.
- And the oats, oat flour and baking powder. Mix well to combine. Set to one side for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 6 mounds. Shape the mounds using your hands to form two inch thick rounds. Dampen your hands in water before doing so to make it easier as the dough will be, and should be, sticky.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 - 18 minutes; until risen and lightly browned. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. They will be a little soft otherwise, but it’s only an aesthetic thing.
- Serve topped with yogurt or creme fraiche of choice, PB and raspberry jam.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to one month.