NutShed Peanut Butter Banana Bread
The world is certainly not short of banana bread recipes and although there is a time and a place for many variations, we’re pretty particular about how we like ours.
This recipe is super moist and a little bit dense, the type where your teeth leave marks after you’ve take a bite. Slather in NutShed Peanut Butter or just sneak chunks as is .
- 2 cups oats ground into fine flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 4 small bananas mashed (plus one extra for the top if you have it)
- 2 tsp flax / chia mixed with 3 tbsp water (or 1 egg)
- NutShed Peanut Butter
- A couple of squares of dark choc
- Preheat oven at 160c
- Grind up oats, mix in baking powder & pinch of salt and leave aside.
- In a separate bowl: beat together sugar & coconut oil, then add the flax
- Add bananas to this and mix quite well
- Add dry mix in thirds at a time and mix until there are no streaks.
- Line and grease a loaf tin, put in half the mixture. Place some dollops of PB around the top, or if it’s nice and creamy draw two separate lines up the whole loaf like 11s.
- Cover with the rest of the mixture and even out gently with a rubber spatula.
- Slice the extra banana length way and place on top, chop up your dark chocolate and stick in the gaps.
- Bake for about an hour, checking after 45 mins by poking with a knife, which won’t come out totally clean when ready, TRY let it go cold before eating, it’s always worth it