Jam and Peanut Butter Oat bars
Servings - 16 bars
- 90g Nutshed Original Smooth peanut butter
- 300g of any Follain fruit jam, we used Nothing but Fruit Raspberry
- 90g butter, softened
- 30g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 70g plain flour
- 50g oats
- 60g brown sugar
- 60g mixed nuts, chopped
- 70g butter
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, fan 160°C or gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line a 23cm square cake tin.
3. Using an electric mixer beat together the butter and peanut butter until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed and gradually add sugar until just combined.
4. Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the butter mixture. Mix until it comes together, it will be crumbly. Transfer mixture to a prepared tin and press until it evenly covers the base.
5. Using a fork, prick a few holes over the base, then bake for 10 minutes or until light golden colour.
6. Crumble topping: combine the ingredients in a bowl & using your fingers, rub the mixture together to create a crumbly texture. Set aside.
7. Remove the tin from the oven allow to cool for 5 minutes and spreading the jam evenly over the top of the base. Sprinkle the crumble over the jam, then place back in the oven and continue baking for a further 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and nuts are toasted.
8. Remove tin from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.